Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sake and Oysters..


I Shucked out at sake one this weekend. Some how I talked Sooz into backing me up, and learnign to shuck, and James into driving my many cooler-ed s-elf out to the Boonies/Cornelieus/Forest Grove/Hillsburough area to the only sake factory in Oregon. Thank Goth for map quest!

I brought along made a mignonett made with the the Momakowa sake silver, and one of the sake girls (I feel odd putting a name on here with out asking..) came up with a oyster dress of a pinch of grated daikon, a splash of ponzu and green onion sprinkle, super good and something I would love to serve up again

Here is what the sake goddess came up with for pairings:
Muroka Genshu Sake, kumamoto set with the sake mignonette
Tsubake Grand Shrine (wow, my favorite) with cocktail sauce on a Penn Cove Oyster
ruby Genshu sake with the pepple beach and the Ponzu
"G" Joy sake the cocktail sauce and the Kumies again
tokubetsu honjozo Sake the sake Mignonette and a Penn Cove oyster
Murai Nigori Genshu Sake, Ponzu delight and a chef's creek oyster

Then came the storm warning. It seems the peoples of forest grove are afraid of rain, but being under a bit of tent, busy and in a very calm corner of the garden I could truly experienced the terrior of my home.

We got lucky and just happened by the Good will bins on the way back to town. Sooz changed back into her real clothes and proceded to buy an old singer sewing machine that was missing its box. I found a sweater and a funny 80's jacket that had buttons and bling I wanted.

Tonight I drink unfiltered, and relax..

1 comment:

ptownpixie said...

I'll shuck yer oysters anytime!!