Monday, March 3, 2008

Its my Birthday!

I decided I needed to get my nerd on at the Retro arcade for this years birthday celebrations! Nathan made me a flier, and I made my self a Rice Krispie Treat Centipede..

I actually tripled the recipe provided on the Rice krispi dot com site. It actually used an entire large box of krispies two bags of marshies. I planned to use a couple to make mushroom things but ended up not having enough room for them on the board.

I sprayed my hands with oil to help nonstick me but found that a few drops of water worked better. I did have to redip every other ball or two. I was worried I might make them gooey, but they were the usual perfectly treaty goodness.

I used violet Wilson food dye and a few jelly war heads as decoration and sour straws for legs, and antenna. I made 31 pretty good sized portions. All I needed was napkins which made it super easy to hand out. AND no BAKING! Not that I would not love to pop a couple cakes out, and have no idea what the family is going to do when I tell them I can't make cakes this month. I wonder how many R.K. sculptures I can churn out..

1 comment:

migi said...

That was some good centipede. I liked the stripper pole and the whisky too. Oh yeah, and the karaoke..